MV Coronia.com
Dunkirk Little Ship Restoration Project
  • 1935 Built in Great Yarmouth as a cruising yacht for Longfield Brothers
  • 1935 Built by Fellows & Co. : Great Yarmouth
  • 1935 Launched 23 May as Brit
  • 1935-1939 Summer cruises along the Norfolk coast from Great Yarmouth
  • 1937 Dummy funnel fitted
  • 1939 Requisitioned by the Admiralty 16th September for boom defence work on the Humber
  • 1939 Renamed HM Tender Watchful
  • 1940 Took part in the Dunkirk evacuation rescuing 900 troops from the beaches
  • 1942-1944 Worked on the Pluto pipeline project
  • 1945 Returned to the owners, The Longfield brothers
  • 1945 Repainted
  • 1945 Renamed back to Brit
  • 1950 Lower funnel modification & bridge added
  • 1950 Took part  in the Festival of Britain
  • 1950 Modified with a lower funnel and bridge Operated by Thames Launches for excursion work for the Festival of Britain.
  • 1951 Bought by D Dalton and G Round
  • 1951 Returned to Great Yarmouth renamed Brit and used for pleasure cruising
  • 1946 Resumed passenger carrying in the summer of 1946
  • 1949 Acquired by Thames Launches of Twickenham for use on the River Thames
  • 1951 Sold to Scarborough Cruises
  • 1951 Returned to Scarborough 10th May
  • 1951 refurbishment and modernisation
  • 1951 repainted white with a yellow funnel
  • 1951 Renamed to Yorkshire Lady
  • 1951 Carried out pleasure cruises from Scarborough along the Yorkshire Coast
  • 1961 Refit re-engined ,Wheel house added
  • 1968 Sold & Renamed Coronia
  • 1975 Refit in Scotland
  • 1985 Sold to Gibraltar based owners
  • 1985 Sailed to Gibraltar
  • 1985-1990 Operated from Gibraltar as a pleasure cruiser and at one time acted as host to HRH The Duke of Gloucester on an official visit
  • 1990 Sold to Tom Machin of North Sea Leisure – now Scarborough Pleasure Steamers
  • 1991 Sold to North Sea Leisure
  • 1991-2011 Pleasure sailing from Scarborough in conjunction with another historic vessel, REGAL LADY
  • 1992 Coronia Returns  to Scarborough
  • 1997 Extensive restoration work undertaken
  • 2011 Sold into new ownership